Monday 10 October 2016

ACTIVITIES, EXPERIENCES, AND EMOTIONS


Hi everyone!
I can’t believe almost five months have passed since I arrived in Zamość, Poland; really, time flies, especially when you are having so much fun, and enjoying every single moment.

A lot of things have happened during this EVS project, and all of them are great, believe me.
Summer’s gone, and cold, grey, rainy days are coming; but it’s not a bad thing, as I think I even love more this beautiful country as it still surprise me. As autumn settled in, we’re spending more time with indoors activities, without quitting some outdoors ones like Language Coffee.

We took back the “AntiStress Workshop”, and seeing the girls again, after this summer was amazing. They were so happy and full of energy!

We started to make presentations about our countries (mine is Spain) in different schools. I’m not going to lie, I was a bit worried, as it was going to be my first presentation ever; and talking in public was never one of my strengths. But just with a bit of good attitude and also being myself, I can say that everything went great. Of course, the good attitude of this boys and girls were quite helpful! I still have many presentations ahead, but I know they are going to be perfect.

We also started a new activity called “Tandem of Languages”, and it’s definitely my thing! We speak in couples, so that way we can improve our language. I just love it!

We keep doing activities with our seniors too. And the last time, we showed our presentations to them, and we played some popular songs from our countries, and they loved it! It’s so nice to see our seniors so happy while dancing rumba!

We started from zero a new activity (or project) called “Kino Na Okrąglaku”, in which we played three different movies. One was the funny Italian comedy Benvenuti al Sud, another one was the Spanish thriller La comunidad, and the last was the intense Polish drama Ida. All of them with English and Polish subtitles, and in their original languages. It was a great time to get to know a bit more about different cultures, use our language skills, and yes, spend GREAT times with GREAT people!

We’ve been also going to a hospital, to meet and spend some time with the fantastic people that are there, and there’s no doubt that is one of the best thing that ever happened to me. There’s nothing bigger like when you realize that, with just your presence (and some jokes in polish too hehe), you make them really happy and you can see their beautiful smiles. This totally made my life! J  

As time goes by, we also have to say goodbye to some friends that we made here; a few weeks ago, our friends Gergo and Joan finished their projects, and they went back to their countries. Good luck with everything in life, compas! Also our friend Kamila went to Gdańsk to keep their studies; and our chiquitina Klaudia went to Warsaw for the same reason (Buena suerte, peque, aunque no la necesitas hehe). I’ll be eternally happy for meeting you, and our big family will never be torn apart, as we will still remember every member, even when we’re not by each other side.

I knew before coming here, that a lot of things were going to change and I knew that it was the perfect time to change with them. I used to be quite shy. And don’t get me wrong, I’m still shy, and I’m not invulnerable, but it will never be the same. I came to realize that I am stronger than I thought, I'm becoming much more mature, and I’m surrounded by amazing people that can see the good in me. I’m never alone, as I have the best friends that someone could ever imagine, and all of it is just thanks to this EVS project. That’s why I would encourage everyone to do it. It’s a big step in life, but everything is always for your good. Of course, you do a lot of good to other people, and they will always be thankful to you.

I’m sooo happy that I decided for Poland, as their people are so welcoming and nice! Call me weird, but I even like more Polish autumn than Polish summer. It’s true that is colder and sometimes it’s rainy, still it’s beautiful to me! Maybe not always is about the landscapes, but the people!


Dziękuję i do zobaczenia!

Sergio





No comments:

Post a Comment